Tuesday 26 January 2016

January 2016 Favourites!

Hey everyone! How are you all? How's the first month of 2016 been for you? Let me know in the comments.

Today I thought i'd do a monthly favourites for you all! I'm going to include my favourite beauty bits, shows, music etc - just because I can and you might be interesting in what i've been loving.





I'll link where you can find them on the names.

Lash Sensational mascara (waterproof)
 I seen so many people go on about this mascara so when I bought it I did have high expectations. 
Yeah people were right it is the best mascara I've tried. It isn't gloopy and makes my lashes look really long - which is good because I have quite short lashes.

Since I purchased an eye lash curler - this really helps my eyes pop. I highly recommend it to anyone who already doesn't have it.

I bought the waterproof because you can't be too careful especially in winter when I get bad watery eyes. Only downside is it is a huge task to take off.










W7 Eyeshadow Palette (In The Buff)


I got this set for Christmas as well as the dark palette Up In Smoke, but I definitely use this one more. It's got lovely nude shades in as well as some shimmer ones. I wear them both when i'm off out and when I'm just having a casual day shopping or at University. 

It's a big palette with 12 shades but I mainly use Chocolate and Camel. Chocolate is what I use as either a base coat or by itself as a nice nude. It looks great alone with some mascara. Camel has a little glitter in it and is an orange/brown. 


I'd love to get some more eye shadows/palettes and keep testing out what suits me and what doesn't as I'm still quite new to doing my eyes, I only used to stick to mascara.





H&M Eye Shadow in Paradise Lost.

I bought this shade when I was shopping in H&M as I fell in love with the glitter. I tend to use this over the W7 shade Chocolate.

It's a gorgeous brown/gold with the best shimmer. I seen a lot of lovely shades in the shop and am definitely going to purchase some more since they're £4.99.

The packaging although it feels cheap, looks quite glamorous in the white and gold and lets you see what shade you're holding which is always handy. 







Rimmel Stay Matte Primer.

I've never used a primer so I decided to invest in a drug store one so it was affordable, just in case I didn't particularly like it. 

I must say even though it keeps my face matte when I have make up on, when I first put it on as a base layer, it makes my face go quite greasy like I have just put a greasy moisturiser on. I don't know if this is meant to happen? When the make up is on though it does make my face matte but I use Rimmel Matte powder anyway so double matte haha. 


If anyone could recommend any other primers I'd love to test them out.










Deluxe Crease Brush (Real Technique)

Like I said before I've only just started with doing eye shadow so when I received the starter eye shadow brush kit, I was slightly confused with what brush did what. But this one was definitely my favourite when it comes to putting eye shadow on. It covers the full of my lid since they're only small anyway and gives amazing coverage and keeps the pigment in tact. 
I enjoy using this brush as I don't really do any detail on my lids yet, so definitely a favourite.














Buffing Brush (Real Technique)


I use this brush to put my powder on and I love it! It's so soft and picks up the powder easy. It gives great coverage on my face and I can really tell the difference between this and a cheap own brand powder brush.

With regards to face this is definitely my favourite brush as I probably use this the most, aside from the foundation brush - which I actually need to find a new one.














Eye Lash Curlers


Okay so it's embarrassing to say I used to be terrified of Eye lash curlers! They just looked like something from a horror movie so I never used them.
But recently I bought some and I've been in love ever since! I use them every time I put mascara - which is almost every day.

I got mine from H&M for a couple of pound and they're a really cute colour and great quality. 
So glad I got some!













Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

I seen so many people using this on Youtube to cleanse their skin - so when I couldn't wait to give it a go when I got it for Christmas.

It's amazing for my skin! I love it!
 It takes my make up off so easily, even my waterproof mascara. It smells so fresh and you can definitely feel the effect on your skin afterwards - it goes so smooth and really helps to clear my spots up, especially when i'm on my time of the month...


I really want to try out a lot more Liz Earle products in the future, including the spray that's meant to refresh your face after cleansing. I'd also love to try some moisturiser and even the candle as I love the smell.









Victoria Secret Spray in Pure Seduction

Now not going to lie I smelt this on a girl at University and asked what it was because I was in love straight away. I also asked for this for Christmas and I'm already half way through the bottle. I don't really know how I can describe the smell apart from it's sweet and very recognisable. 

I get asked a lot what I'm wearing and get a few compliments for smelling nice. I just wish I had a smaller handbag version as I tend to take it most places I go and it takes up a lot of room in either my going out bag or my uni bag. 

There's a lot of different sprays which I'd love to try, I have another but it's not as nice as pure seduction.









Regis Designline - Olive Oil Lite 

I got my hair dyed at a salon a couple of weeks ago and whilst explaining to my hairdresser that I need to wash my hair a lot because it gets greasy quick and because of this I don't use conditioner. 

She suggesting using this spray that she uses on her hair. It was only £8.99 and its a spray leave in conditioner which looks thick in the bottle but comes out thin. It smells lovely and the smell really lasts in your hair. It actually is really affective, I don't need to wash my hair as much now I can leave it for around 2-3 days where as before it was 1-2 if I was lucky. 


To use this I wash my hair in the bath or shower and use shampoo as normal, then I get out and spray it into my hair before I brush it as it also acts a detangler! Then I just dry my hair is normal and my hair is left smelling gorgeous and really shine in perfect condition! 



I couldn't recommend a product more, my friend even told me she wants to purchase some because it smells divine. 



Non-physical Favourites.

Album - Purpose by Justin Bieber.
Of course it's this. I would be wrong if I said I didn't know every word to every song already. It does help that I'm going to see him October for the second time and I'm so excited. 
So yeah definitely my favourite album this year and will probably stay that way - although I don't have a physical copy of the CD yet? Crazy I know! But I pre-ordered on ITunes so you can't call me a bad belieber.

He's just amazing and his new music is a completely new light, shines a better light on his personality now. Even though I've liked every song since his little covers on YouTube, I love dancing to Justin in the clubs as a proud fan! 

10/10 Biebs.

Movie - Creed.
Being a huge fan of the Rocky movies, I was so happy that Creed was coming out. Also because I have a huge crush on Sylvester Stallone. 

It's such an emotional movie I cried a hell of a lot. It's just amazing I can't really say much without giving it away but I did a review over on one of the University platforms (http://www.northernlightsuk.co.uk/2016/01/21/film-review-creed/)














Pretty Little Liars

IT'S BACK! AND I'M SO HAPPY! 
I swear not being able to binge watch this show has killed me.
It sucks having to wait every week but it's so good so far and I have so many questions I'm waiting to be answered. 
If you don't watch PLL then something is wrong with you. Okay?



There you go guys I hope you enjoyed this.

I've got a lot of exciting things coming up on here and over on my YouTube so keep an eye on my social media (twitter mainly) for any upcoming news.

Let me know what you've been loving?

Love Amie XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling inspired!

Heeeey guys! This is going to be a rambly post so feel free to grab a cuppa. I've just been sat reading Girl Online: Going Solo b...