Monday 6 June 2016

May Faves 2016!

Hello hello hello hellooooo,

I hope you're all good!

Well May is over, we're in the beginning of June now. So I thought I'd do a May favourites.

I haven't really bought anything new this month, I'm skint and saving my money for my holiday to Turkey which is a month away! (1st July)

Rimmel London Salon Pro nail varnish in 312 Ultra Voilet.
This month I decided to start painting my nails more since it is coming up to summer and the sun is trying to come out. I thought with a brighter nail varnish it might influence the sun to come out more.
Purple is my favourite colour so when I tried this I was in love! My nails aren't long - I really can't grow them, as soon as I get a little stressed and I bite them off. So I've been using some fake nails and used the polish over the fake nails and it looks lovely. 
I think the colour is really pretty and it looks like the colour in the pot. There's nothing worse than buying a nail colour but when you put it on your nails it's a completely different shade. 



The nails I have been using are the HEADTOTOE French Manicure Nail Set. 
(I binned the box- oops! But still they were nice haha & there's a picture above with me wearing them!)
These are also one of my favourites of this month. 
You get 24 nails in the back and also the adhesive.
I went into Claire's Accessories and they have some really pretty fake nails but they were between £6-£8 and I cannot afford that.
I went into Home Bargains for a mooch with my Mam and they had these nail sets and they were only 79p! To also get the glue in these packs is brilliant.
Honestly I wasn't expecting much from these considering the price - but they're actually really good. I've had a pair on for nearly a week now and only a couple of them have came off. But that was when I was in the bath so the hot water might have melted the glue. 
They look really natural on my nails and fit my hands perfectly, which can be quite difficult because I have quite small hands and small fingernails. 
So yeah i've very happy and for less than £1 you can't really complain.

Someday perfume by Justin Bieber.

I know this is a few years old now but the smell will always be gorgeous.
I always seem to wear it a lot more in the summer as it is a sweet and florally smell. It holds so many memories around this time of year and whenever I wear it I just feel a lot fresher.
The packaging is a bonus also because it's so beautiful and the amount of times I've dropped the bottle and it hasn't broken!
So yeah I've been loving this and will be wearing it on my holidays.



Seventeen Easy On The Eye Palette.
This palette has been my saviour. With the weather getting warmer I'm really into wearing golds and pinks.
So this palette is brilliant for just that. It's really pigmented eye shadows for such a cheap price. They are brilliant quality and do stay on all day.
I will say the primer that comes with it is quite poor quality and actually makes my eye-shadow off quicker than if I don't use the primer.
My favourites are the glitter colours and the mattes. The metallic creams aren't as good but are still okay. I've loved this all month and will continue to wear it all summer.



New Look Pure Colour Baked Eyeshadow in 91/Bronze.
This eye shadow is so lovely! It matches up with the shade Radiant Gold in the Seventeen Easy On The Eye pallete.
It's got a lovely gold pigment, you don't need a lot on your brush when you apply it. 
It was only a couple of pound and there was a few shades so it was a brilliant buy and I love wearing it.


Scarlett Moffatt - Scarlett Says

I got this book in April and have been reading it throughout May. It's hilarious!
I love Scarlett on Gogglebox so I was over the moon when she brought her book out. It is definitely what I expected, it's completely her attitude to certain topics and it's a brilliant read. It's easy to read so when you're laid in bed or have some spare time during the day it's a good book to just pick up and read a few pages.
I know a lot of people who get some spotlight on TV or online think that bringing a book out is a great way of making money - but this one actually works, you can see she has put a lot of thought into it and hasn't just thrown it together for some more money.
Well done Scarlett!



Sorry that this has went up a bit later than usual for a monthly faves - but i've been busy.
See you all soon for another post - thank you for reading! 

Love Amie 
xx


1 comment:

  1. I love reading favorites posts! That nail color is GORGEOUS. Seriously considering picking it up when I get my next paycheck. Can't wait to read more of your posts. <3

    xo, Kimberly
    www.blogsfordays.com

    ReplyDelete

Feeling inspired!

Heeeey guys! This is going to be a rambly post so feel free to grab a cuppa. I've just been sat reading Girl Online: Going Solo b...