Wednesday 20 January 2016

My Small Lipstick Collection!

Hey everyone!

So I thought I'd do a beauty related post this time around.

It's only been over the past year that I've really started expanding my make-up collection. My make-up bag used to only consist of my daily make-up, nothing fancy - Just my every day foundation, mascara and bronzer. Now my make up bag is too small for the amount of cosmetics I own so I have several.

Something I never used to be too bothered about was lipstick. Mainly because my lips are not the biggest and are not that far from being a straight line. But as I'm getting older, I'm slowly becoming addicted to putting colour on my lips - It really finishes my make-up looks and with going out on student nights and weekends, lipstick really helps to ensure I don't look like a ghost in the flash photography. 



My collection is only small - as I've not long been buying them. I have 6 at the minute. Some I prefer over others. 

I really hope you can recommend me some brands and colours as I'd love to give them a shot!
I'll attach links to each lipstick so you know where to find them.




1. Rimmel London: Kate Moss Lasting Finish - 45


Rimmel is one of my all time favourite lipsticks. 4/6 that I own are in fact Rimmel. I find them really moisturising and have a great shine to them. They last on my lips too.
This particular lipstick is in a pale pink packaging with a silver band with the Rimmel London brand. The packaging of these is so luxury I think - they're the perfect size for your bag when you're out and about. 

This colour is my favourite nude colour yet. It's like a pink/peach that blends into my lips lovely. It's perfect for every day make-up looks and if you don't really fancy wearing much on your face, it's great for the simplistic look.

I'd recommend wear it with some light coverage foundation or BB cream and a little bit of mascara.






2. Rimmel London: Lasting Finish - Heart Breaker (016)


Once again another Rimmel lipstick. It's the same as the above with regards to glossiness and shine. I love Rimmel it doesn't dry your lips out.  

This colour is a mix between a really dark pink and a red. It shows as more of a red on the lip but not as intense as other shades. This is one of my first lipsticks as I wanted to try a dark colour to see if it worked with my skin - well I think it does. 

A good thing about Rimmel also is that it smells so good! It's kinda sweet? I don't really know how to describe it I just like it.










3. Rimmel London: Lasting Finish - 107


Now i'm not going to lie, I did buy this lipstick because I seen Zoella raving about it on her channel and it's what she always wore in her Instagram photos in the winter - where I thought she looked flawless. 

It's in the red packaging with the black Rimmel London band. 
I do like this lipstick colour - which is a very bold red. Although it's very intense on me. Perhaps a little too intense as I don't tend to grab for this one as often. 

A good thing is it smells a lot like watermelon which is gorgeous. You can smell it when you're wearing it! 

I definitely rate this lipstick.


I'd recommend wearing it in the winter, around Christmas as it's a very warm red perfect for the festivities. I'd wear this with full coverage foundation, black winged eye liner, a warm toned gold eye shadow and some bold lashes - either mascara or fake lashes. 


4. Rimmel London: Lasting Finish - Alarm (170)


Okay this is the last Rimmel one I promise! I bought this one as a replacement as I was at I had left my Rimmel 107 at my University halls by mistake when I went home for Christmas break - so for a Christmas present my boyfriend was kind enough to get me a substitute. Rimmel 107 wasn't in stock when he went to collect it so I suggested this shade. 

It's in the original dark packaging with the silver band.
This is a bold red but nowhere near as bold as 107. I actually prefer Alarm. It suits my skin tone a lot better and lasts longer on my lips compared to 107. Even though they're the same price (or around), if you don't like the really bold 107, definitely try this one!

I'd wear this with the same as above. It also works with casual clothing too and especially nights out - it really stands out.




5. Maybelline NY: Forever Metallic - Gold N Roses (20)


I never bought this shade, I got it off a friend who didn't like the colour on herself so kindly gave it to me.

It's in a lovely rounded shiny packaging with a silver/clear ball on the top - maybe some particular design but I'm not sure.

Even the design of the lipstick itself is lovely to put on, its a flat nib compared to Rimmel.

The shade itself is a light pink with a glittery shimmer.

I love this for casual wear as it's not extremely pigmented but gives a lovely shine and is really moisturising. 







6. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lipstick - Petal (18)


I got this off the Depop app unused as I wanted to try a higher end lipstick and see what the fuss was about. 

It is actually a lovely colour, like a rosy pink. It's very glossy and soft on the lips.
It doesn't smell as nice as the Rimmel but the quality is better.

I didn't pay that much as it was second hand but I am definitely working towards a larger collection of these. 

It's perfect for casual wear if you want a little colour but not over powering.
(The link to this is of the new packaging - I have the older one)






I hope you like this post guys, let me know what you thought?

Also let me know of any recommendations in the comments, I really want some more lippies!

Love Amie
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling inspired!

Heeeey guys! This is going to be a rambly post so feel free to grab a cuppa. I've just been sat reading Girl Online: Going Solo b...