Wednesday 3 February 2016

LAB2 Makeup Brushes Review!

Hey everyone I hope you're all well!

So today I thought I'd do a make up brush review.

I won a competition on Twitter on LAB2 (Live and Breathe Beauty), which meant I received a Read My Lip Brush. 

I messaged LAB2 thanking them and that i'd be doing a review on my blog and YouTube on the brush and they said they were going to send me some extra brushes to write about - how lovely?!

So they kindly sent me a Read My Lip Brush, a I'm Turning Pro Brush Kit and a Strokes of Genius Brush Kit.



The boxes themselves look so professional. They're black with white writing and each set has different colour backgrounds behind the sets. I think the kits have an orange/red background and individual brushes have purple backgrounds.

It makes me happy that on the sides of the boxes it states:

  • Made with love.
  • No animal derived components.
  • hypo-allergenic dermatologist tested.
The second point, animal derived components, is so important! It really helps sell a product to me if its safe for animals and they haven't been harmed in the making.

On the back of the boxes it states what brushes are included in the packs and also a very handy thing is it shows how to use each brush, with diagrams on what to do and where. This is so important I think as if you're new with using make up brushes - like I am, then it really helps to see how to use the brushes properly instead of starting clueless.



The I'm Turning Pro Brush Kit includes a: foundation brush, buffing brush, contour brush and eye shadow brush. 


The Strokes of Genius Brush Kit includes: a eye shadow brush, crease brush, pointed eye liner brush, brow & lash brush and a brow & lash groomer.

The brushes themselves look very pro, they're just plain black, with black bristles also. They have coloured writing on them naming what brush it is which looks very sleek and works well with the design.

I looked online to see what the pricing was for these products and the I'm Turning Pro set is £18.99 in Superdrug, so they're slightly cheaper than the main stream Real Technique brushes - and just as good!

I'll leave links on the names of the products to where you can find the brushes.

On my YouTube channel I will be doing an every day make up look using these brushes, so I will talk about them on my channel also, I'll keep you all updated for when I do this - I did attempt to film this but I finished it and my phone decided to let me know it had stopped recording half way as my memory had ran out - I have never been so angry!
But now I am loaded with flu so wearing make up doesn't really appeal to me. 

But from what I know from using them in the failed video - the brushes are so soft and great on your skin.

10/10 from me LAB2 and thanks a lot for sending them over!

I definitely need some make up brush holders now, got plenty of brushes and not enough space haha!

Thanks for reading guys. Let me know what you think of the brushes in the comments below.

See you all soon.
Love Amie
XX


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling inspired!

Heeeey guys! This is going to be a rambly post so feel free to grab a cuppa. I've just been sat reading Girl Online: Going Solo b...