Thursday 24 March 2016

Spring Haul! | 2016

Hey everyone,

Happy Easter weekend (almost!)

I hope you're all doing well.

Recently I've been doing some shopping.
1) Because I needed certain items
2) I never had anything for spring
3) Retail therapy helps university assignment stress.


I thought you guys would be interested in what I bought so I thought i'd do a post. I've also filmed a video for my Youtube channel which is yet to be edited - but it's been filmed so there's step one!

I went into New Look a few weeks back and bought a lovely skirt. And I mean lovely! I was this one...
It was perfect to look at, I loved the mix of colours that you could dress up or dress down. This style of skirt is my favourite I have 3 of the same style, so I instantly bought it with a black zipped vest top. For £15 you can't really go wrong.
But I brought it home ready to wear on a night out and it didn't fit! I was so surprised because it's my normal size, which everything else fits me? And it wasn't even that it didn't fit a little bit - by the time I had shimmied it up my waist so it wasn't uncomfortable, you could see everything!
I was so upset when I took it back to New Look to exchange it for the bigger size and they didn't have it in! Maybe me and the skirt just weren't meant to be...

So I had a look around after my small melt down in the shop and came across this lovely spring/summer top. It was a thin material, white with thin navy stripes.
The best thing about it was that it was a t-shirt style so I knew it was going to be comfortable. It also had lovely big white daisies at the bottom of the design right the way around - cute!

It was the same price as the skirt so I didn't lose out on any money either - yay!

Daisy Top - £15 New Look

I've been back to New Look since buying this T-shirt as I wanted some more bits from there.
I decided I needed some new jeans, some that were a light denim as I have the really light blue, navy blue and black. So I wanted some that were inbetween dark denim and light (do you understand? If you do well done! haha)

I trust New Look jeans the most. Fair enough you can go to Primark and get some for like £11 instead of £23 but with Primark I find once you wash them once they instantly fade, their sizes are very off too - I have to go for a bigger size if I buy them in Primark, just to fit my waist, but then they won't fit my legs they'd be too baggy!

So no, I always go to New Look. Pay that little bit extra but they last a lot longer and are better quality.

I wanted some high waisted and some that I could perhaps do that DIY knee rip thing with. I found the perfect colour and ones with really nice coloured buttons on too.



Striped top - £5 Primark

I also went and had a look at the sale in New Look and found a lovely white jumper with gorgeous crochet shoulders.
I thought it would go lovely with my new jeans or even some black jeans.

It's quite cropped in my opinion so I'd definitely wear with high waisted jeans or leggings as i'm definitely not body confident yet - but if you are then GO YOU! I applaud you, get your flesh out girrrrrrrl!



That's the last of what I bought from New Look!


I then popped into Primark to have a look at some bits and I will say they have some gorgeous summer/holiday pieces in at the minute, for really cheap too! I'll be going back to get some stuff for my jolly holly's in the summer!

I spotted this really cute T-shirt (seen above with the jeans). It was only £5 and was surprisingly a really lovely fabric, really soft. It was a slight V neck and has the design that's shorter at the front, slightly longer at the back. It was really nice and thought I could definitely rock it with either my new jeans, my black jeans and some converse!
£5 Primark

From Primark I also bought some black knickers and a plain nude bra (£4) you can't go wrong with cheap underwear!


I also nipped into Matalan as I never really go in there - and have since decided that perhaps I should.
It has some really nice and good quality clothing in there and for good prices too!

I picked up a lovely black and white striped blouse which is made with a lovely soft fabric and is buttoned at the back.

And for just £8 I can't really complain, I definitely wanted some other pieces in there but didn't have the money :(

Matalan - £8

Missguided recently had a 50% sale on too - which was very dangerous as I wanted to buy everything!

But I knew I needed a new coat. I only really have my parka and my leather jacket. They are both for different seasons really. I wanted something that was comfy, looks good for formal and informal as well as keeps me warm!

I knew which sort of style I wanted so when I found a one I liked with 50% off I was so happy!

It was £30 reduced from £60 so I knew it was going to be amazing quality.
When it arrived I fell in love, the colour is lovely and it goes with so many outfits - thank you Missguided!




So there you go! There's my little shopping spree. I speak about them a little more on my video so keep an eye out for my video. Please go and Subscribe (click here!) and give my videos a like, I'd really appreciate it!


Thanks so much for reading - let me know in the comments what you've been buying for spring!

Lots of love,
Amie
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling inspired!

Heeeey guys! This is going to be a rambly post so feel free to grab a cuppa. I've just been sat reading Girl Online: Going Solo b...