Monday 4 April 2016

Borderline Perfection: A Trip To Coldingham


Hey everyone! 
I hope you're all doing well.

Did you all have a good Easter? Let me know what Easter eggs you received in the comments :)

I've spent my week in Scotland and so I thought I'd try something different and give you an insight on where I've been.

We have a caravan on the borders of Scotland (hence the title 'borderline perfection'). It's on a beautiful holiday sight called Scoutscroft in Coldingham. We've came up here for holiday breaks ever since I was born. Even my Mam used to come when she was a teenager!


To me this place is paradise. It's on the coast as well as the countryside so you get the beautiful scenery as well as the peace. 


Scoutscroft is owned by our very close friends, the Hamilton Family.

As we’ve been coming here as a family for such a long time, the area and the caravan site hold so many amazing memories that will never be forgotten.

Today was a lovely day and the sun was shining! It wasn’t the warmest, it was bearable. I decided to go for a walk in the sunshine, basically to procrastinate from University work but that can wait – Vitimin D is more vital, especially with all these storms we have been getting lately.

*As I’m writing this, the sky has went black, luckily I came back in when I did! There was a massive hail stone storm!*



For my little trip out I wore my white converse, black jeans, daisy top from New Look and my Missguided coat. Oh – not forgetting my gorgeous sunglasses from Primark!
I wouldn’t recommend hiking up gigantic hills in converse though, I thought I was going to come rolling off a cliff at least twice.

On my nails: Collection Lasting Gel Nail Colour in Raspberry 7.



To go with my spring walk, I went with gold eyeshadow from the Seventeen: Easy On The Eye palette in Birthday Suit. I also used the Maybelline: The Falsies mascara and on my lips I went for a nice nude pink from Elizabeth Arden in the shade Petal (18).





I saw that my Grandad had the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm which a lot of people have been talking about with regards to using it as a primer, so I pinched a little bit (sorry Granda!) I think it worked really well and am going to buy a bottle so I can test it properly and I’ll do a review post for you guys soon!


Taking my earphones was the best idea, it was awesome blasting some Justin Bieber through the countryside.
The good thing about the area being so isolated is that you rarely pass people when walking the country, so I can sing out loud as loud and as badly as I want and no one apart from the sheep and birds can hear me – sorry guys!



I passed a field filled with baby bunnies but my camera wouldn’t focus on them – boo!
But I think rabbits are now my favourite animals, they’re so cute and I want twenty.
Just passed them was a mini field with some chickens, roosters and geese in so I thought I’d give them a shout out as they were pretty cool.


But then I got to the walk way that leads you to the beach, and it’s the most beautiful thing. You have to stand there for a few seconds to stare, it does actually take your breath away – and not because it’s still quite cold.



I went a few days ago with Luke when it was lovely and warm, we went for a walk and got my favourite ice lollies. The sea was a gorgeous blue too!



Today I thought I’d challenge myself and walk up a huge hill which gives you an overview of two gorgeous bays.


And when I got to the top and got my breath back…
The view then took my breathe away again.





And there were cute little beach huts which were too tumblr to not put in this post…


There you go folks, I hope you liked this more photography based post but I had to share these beautiful views with you!

Let me know where your version of “perfect” is, whether it’s on your wish list to visit or if you’ve been.

Lots of love,
Amie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling inspired!

Heeeey guys! This is going to be a rambly post so feel free to grab a cuppa. I've just been sat reading Girl Online: Going Solo b...