Tuesday 30 August 2016

Holiday to Benidorm!

Hey everyone, hope you're all okay :) 

So last week I went on a trip to Benidorm for a week with my family. I thought i'd let you all know what went down...

I think the coldest it was for the week was probably 27 degrees and that was on a night! It was so hot - but with me going to Turkey not so long before the trip, I was used to the heat. And we had air con so it was all good.

We stayed at the Presidente which was okay. The pool area was lovely and we couldn't fault the food - but the hotel room itself was very basic. We just had three single beds, a bedside, a wardrobe and a bathroom. There wasn't really much room for storage and we were quite dissapointed with the lack of kettle (But don't worry - we went out and bought a kettle for 10 euros and it saved our lives haha!
But the food was lovely - and one night they served a beef dinner which I was so happy with. Nothing better than some beef, gravy and yorkshire puddings :)


We were in the centre really so we were right next door to a venue called Jokers. This was very loud on a night and our bedroom/balcony was right on the edge so when it came to peak alcohol time - we had to learn to block out the noise. We did get used to it further on in the week though.



One place I loved to visit was the 'Why Not?' it was really fun! It was a small family bar which had karaoke and cheap alcohol (which is always a bonus). I don't really know how to describe this place as it was basic but such a lovely atmosphere and great staff. I recommend it if you're looking for a quiet night.

Another day we took a trip to the beach. But this happened to be on the hottest day of the week and we only stayed 40 minutes because the sun was that hot you could feel yourself burning. Plus you had to pay for sun beds and parasols - no thank you! 
But I did go and swim in the sea and it was so refreshing. It was crazy with the water being so clear and when I had goggles on to look under the water you could see fish swimming around your feet - so surreal!



Another amazing thing we visited on the trip was Aqualandia. This place was crazy! Apart from the huge hill we had to walk up in the blazing heat - the rest of the day was great! We got in and got sunbeds to sit on to dry off and sun bathe. But the rest of the time was spent in the pools. 
I especially enjoyed a certain pool that went round in a circle that you could walk round to cool down. We kept nipping in that to cool off as it was so warm. 
I'm not big on rides but one I did go on was the rapids. They were so funny - although you do get packed on the ride with loads of other people so when you're waiting to go down to next level, there's about 10 people floating and you get packed like sardines. It was very funny though and I enjoyed being in the large rubber ring haha! I didn't take my phone on that trip though because it would be my luck to drop it with being surrounded by water :(
Also I'd like to thank Aqualandia for employing some beautiful life guards. They made the trip a lot better...

One night we went out to go see the comedian Crissy Rock and she had me almost crying with laughter. She was absolutely hilarious and said lots of jokes that you could relate too - which really helps so you aren't sat clueless! I would definitely recommend going to see her if she is ever in a place that you are or if you go to Benidorm.

I'm very pleased with myself for capturing a photo just as she looked over at us!


One of the days we went to the market where there was lots of stalls selling many items. Obviously the bags and purses weren't real - but we bought them anyway because they're cheap and who is going to see the different really unless someone approaches you and wants to check out the stitching...
We did compare the market to Scooby-Doo as once you've walked down a couple of isles the stalls begin to repeat themselves and you seem to have a lot of deja-vu. 
Here my mam kindly bought me a Michael Kors (but no Michael Kors) purse in blue and navy.
I didn't really see much else on the market so later on in the week I also got some pretty sandals and a bag to match my MK purse.

The final day we needed to kill some time so we decided to walk a lot of miles to go and visit Old Town. This place blew my mind with how beautiful it was!
It was old but looked gorgeous like something you see in a movie. And it was surrounded by beaches and the sea around it had people snorkling. It just blew my mind.








It was an amazing trip and I love my family to pieces - I love Benidorm it's so beautiful.

Here's some random pictures that I got randomly :)
Me and my uncle Col :)

Who loves a good snapchat banner by the pool? Me!

We got our feet eaten by fish! Such a crazy feeling - but surprisingly nice?

Drunken antics with my auntie and mama <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling inspired!

Heeeey guys! This is going to be a rambly post so feel free to grab a cuppa. I've just been sat reading Girl Online: Going Solo b...