Monday 30 March 2015

March Favourites.

So I've recently moved house and finally got WIFI! Thank goodness it's been torture wanting to write and not being able to upload!

I've decided i'm going to upload every Friday for definite as long as I don't get writers block.
This post will be the items I've bought/received and loved this past month!

The big thing this month was my new bedroom, which is based on what I love; flowers, Yankee candles and fluffy pillows! I have a posh slidey wardrobe, which is only so great because I can hide all my stuff in it! I'm also so happy that fact I have a proper window. Yes this sounds so silly but in my old house I was in the loft to my window was pointless really. So yeah my own room, own personal space! I'll do a blog post soon on a room tour if you's would like?

I also went halfs with my Mam and got a new HP laptop, which is so much better than my Acer Chromebook, although I'll miss having a little one I can travel with, i'm sure once I find a fancy laptop bag i'll be back to travelling and writing in cafe's. Its purple, which is my favourite colour and will be perfect for when I start University in September.


 
                                                            


Beauty related I thought i'd splash out with my birthday money and buy a Real Technique Face Expert brush. WOW. I'm in love with it. It's so soft and easy to clean. It does my foundation perfectly and I feel a lot more confident knowing it is good quality. I'm now slightly addicted and wondering which brush I should try next! I'd love some recommendations off you guys of the next brush I should get or even a brand that does good make-up brushes that aren't expensive.
Leave me a comment below!


I'm in love with the Rimmel London Kate Spring lipstick collection, so I thought i'd treat myself and bought a lovely nude number '03' it's the first nude I've bought and I love it, it gives the
matte finish and is so soft on the lips. But I'm devastated as I dropped it on the floor the day after I bought it and now the tip is broken which really irritates me! Although it is an excuse to buy a new one!

 
                                         


I also purchased the Garnier Pure Active Micellar Cleansing Water. It removes make up, cleanses and purifies. It's amazing, I use it to remove my make up, it comes off easily and even removes my eye make up such as mascara and eye liner. I simply apply it to a cotton pad and rub it across my skin and it does the job perfectly. It doesn't leave your skin rough or patchy and is for sensitive skin which is great!

I'm obsessed with the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder. I use the shade 005 which is Silky Beige. Its so soft on your skin and covers my foundation lovely, it takes the shine off my face as my moisturiser I use often gives me a shine. So many people have recommended this in videos and blogs so I took a dive, bought it and i'll now continue to buy it as its beautiful.
 
                                           

For my eyebrows, I use the Soap and Glory Archery Pen which has two sides. One end is a crayon and the other is a pen, so it's up to the user on their preference, I tend to use the crayon end as the pen end doesn't seem to show very well as my foundation and powder seems to dry it up? Don't know if that's meant to happen but it does. Yeah I love that it isn't too dark or too light. It comes in two shades, one for blondes and one for brunettes but yet the brunette one isn't insanely dark which is good as my hair colour is like a light brown so I didn't want to end up with black eyebrows!

Lastly, I went to Newcastle and because were I live doesn't have a Lush Cosmetics store, I thought i'd grab a couple of the popular bath bombs to try out for myself, so I got Dragon's egg which I know everyone rates as it's the one that has loads of colour when you put it in the bath, which i'm so excited for! I also got the Sex Bomb as it looked so pretty (no, not because of the name!), so I'm excited to try that one too.

Clothing wise, I spent a lot of my birthday money on clothes, especially leggings as I have a little obsession with them oops. They're all from New Look as they do student discount as well as having a sale on so that was just a 'I have to go to New Look' debate. I got a pair of grey and black print leggings which are quite thick but not itchy, they aren't too tight and have a fold at the bottom which is nice. They're so comfy and go with near enough everything. I wear them with my white converse and my other new item which is a cream jumper-thing also from, New Look. Its so soft and feels lovely on your skin. It isn't see through so you can't see your bra underneath although if you want to wear a vest top underneath it doesn't show. I adore this outfit and wear it with my tartan scarf and a satchel and I'd probably say that's my outfit of the month!


My favourite TV Series of the month has to be The Walking Dead, I've watched every single one and I absolutely love them, I hate waiting every week for a new episode, I'm way too impatient for my own good! But yeah, it's something I never thought I'd like but turns out I love it, its quite gory but I know it's obviously fake so it doesn't bother me. I love each character (out of the main group) in their own way and I won't give any spoilers but IT'S GETTING SO TENSE!!

I've also started watching PLL, I'm still only on the first series as I need to get Netflix back, but I'm loving it so far, even though its torture when everyone all over twitter is talking about A and all these stories lines and I'm nowhere near caught up :(

There you go there's my first Monthly faves, if you'd like to see more of these comment below! Also feel free to comment alternatives to make-up, skincare etc as I love trying new things! Thanks so much for reading!

Amie xx

DISCLAIMER: These opinions are my own personal opinions, I am not sponsored and do not get paid for writing this, they are just my own views!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling inspired!

Heeeey guys! This is going to be a rambly post so feel free to grab a cuppa. I've just been sat reading Girl Online: Going Solo b...